One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of ovulation and menstruation in women and other female primates.
- ‘Anorexia nervosa is characterized by restricted eating and refusal to maintain normal body weight, persistent fear of being fat, feeling fat when one is not; absent or erratic menstrual cycles in females.’
- ‘This signal was used to identify days of ovulation during 696 menstrual cycles.’
- ‘The pituitary gland also controls ovulation and the menstrual cycle in women.’
- ‘In contrast, when the available energy is virtually unlimited women have frequent ovulatory menstrual cycles characterised by high hormone concentrations.’
- ‘Earlier onset of regular menstrual cycles is associated with early regular ovulatory menstrual cycles, a risk factor for the disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.