Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the membranes of the brain and the adjoining cerebral tissue.
- ‘Burkett claims to have contracted meningoencephalitis while serving in Panama.’
- ‘Disease also includes endocarditis, keratitis, osteomyelitis, peritonitis, and meningoencephalitis.’
- ‘An infant with botulism is often diagnosed with sepsis or meningoencephalitis because of symptoms of lethargy and irritability on presentation.’
- ‘Bacterial encephalitis is rare and usually occurs in the setting of meningoencephalitis.’
- ‘The signs of West Nile virus are similar to enteroviral meningoencephalitis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.