Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the membranes of the brain and the adjoining cerebral tissue.
- ‘Disease also includes endocarditis, keratitis, osteomyelitis, peritonitis, and meningoencephalitis.’
- ‘An infant with botulism is often diagnosed with sepsis or meningoencephalitis because of symptoms of lethargy and irritability on presentation.’
- ‘Bacterial encephalitis is rare and usually occurs in the setting of meningoencephalitis.’
- ‘The signs of West Nile virus are similar to enteroviral meningoencephalitis.’
- ‘Burkett claims to have contracted meningoencephalitis while serving in Panama.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.