One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the meninges caused by viral or bacterial infection and marked by intense headache and fever, sensitivity to light, and muscular rigidity, leading (in severe cases) to convulsions, delirium, and death.
- ‘The key early symptoms of meningitis are headache, stiff neck and dislike of bright lights.’
- ‘But it is believed viral meningitis in its mildest form is often mistaken for flu.’
- ‘While mumps is usually not very serious, it may develop into viral meningitis is some cases.’
- ‘Bacterial meningitis is the most common cause of profound deafness acquired in childhood.’
- ‘Patients with tuberculous meningitis should be treated for at least nine months.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.