A tumor, usually benign, arising from meningeal tissue of the brain.
- ‘His psychiatrist said yesterday that he had multiple meningiomas or benign tumours adjacent to his brain.’
- ‘However, studies have found that progesterone can stimulate growth of meningiomas.’
- ‘All these tumors were basal benign meningiomas that were amenable to aggressive surgery due to their deep location and/or infiltrating growth pattern.’
- ‘Radiosurgery is ideal for treating both benign and malignant tumors such as acoustic neuromas, meningiomas, metastases, and gliomas, as well as blood vessel abnormalities such as arteriovenous malformations.’
- ‘Again, the neurologic malignancy section is definitive and includes meningiomas, metastatic brain tumors and central nervous system lymphomas, subjects that are often difficult to find in textbooks.’