One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suggesting the presence of danger; threatening.‘a menacing tone of voice’
- ‘The light barely illuminated the forest around them and it was very menacing at this late hour.’
- ‘The picture is grainy but that actually enhances the slightly menacing atmosphere.’
- ‘The sky has lightened and the snow has stopped, but a menacing wall of clouds is heading our way fast.’
- ‘He aimed his menacing, brooding dark brown eyes directly into her own scared blue ones.’
- ‘Great rock fragments jutted out of the side, giving the castle an even more menacing look.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.