One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hypothetical permanent change in the nervous system brought about by memorizing something; an engram.
- ‘This additional viewing of the target locations was included to facilitate participants' visual memory of the target location, as there was a reason to believe that the visual memory trace may degrade with time.’
- ‘Apparently, the activation occurring with this positive information was not sufficient to leave a memory trace for these adjectives.’
- ‘When a deviant stimulus is presented, its physical features are compared to the memory trace established for the standards.’
- ‘Under some conditions, there is no evidence of an impaired memory trace, just as McCloskey found; under other conditions, there is some evidence of trace impairment or at least alteration of the memory trace.’
- ‘The essential idea is that a retrieval cue is effective only if information in the cue was incorporated in the memory trace of the target event at the time of its original encoding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.