One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Rather, we found that superior memorisers used a spatial learning strategy, engaging brain regions such as the hippocampus which are critical for memory and for spatial memory in particular.’
- ‘This is the sort of approach that professional memorisers use, though they often combine it with other techniques, for example, converting digits into letters which they then turn into words.’
- ‘A memoriser from Malaysia, Dr. Yip Swee Chooi, recently launched this programme titled ‘Amazing Memory’ designed for children aged nine years and above at Ideal Play Abacus India.’
- ‘The best, and most long-lasting memorizations take place when the new information is meaningful and relevant, when the new knowledge builds upon previous knowledge, and is somehow interacted with by the memorizer.’
- ‘Compared with the run-of-the-mill rememberers, exceptional memorizers displayed greater activity in three brain areas linked to spatial memory and navigation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.