One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And of course memorization is a kind of exercise that strengthens the powers of the mind, just as physical exercise strengthens those of the body.’
- ‘Folklore and legends were retold by the bards, who used devices such as alliteration and rhyme, as well as a compendious store of stock phrases, to aid memorisation and recall, allowing them to instantly ‘compose’ a poem for any occasion.’
- ‘Why do we always have to throw in the pejorative word ‘rote’ when talking about memorization?’
- ‘The aim is to reduce dependency on memorization and actually demonstrate a deeper level of understanding and literacy.’
- ‘Many educators were calling for a return to memorization, drill, and ‘basics.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.