One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A memoirist of the period recalled ‘a gnarled old lady on the stage, who looked as if she had wandered in from the street.’’
- ‘I told her no; gave her the names of a few funny memoirists who have chronicled their experiences dealing with weight issues in the ‘dating game,’ and sent her on her way.’
- ‘This, perhaps the greatest period of an already great life, has been sensitively written about by memoirists and historians.’
- ‘Tobias Wolff is a short story writer, a memoirist, a novelist, a father, a husband, a jazz aficionado, a hiker upon remote mountain trails, a winner of literary awards, a neophyte pianist, and the mentor of many young writers.’
- ‘She had published half a dozen acclaimed novels before her memoirs Skating to Antarctica and Strangers on a Train became bestsellers and established a reputation for her as a memoirist and travel writer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.