One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Extending from the stem to the margin of the cap, and covering the gills, is the partial veil - a membranaceous, white texture of varying thickness.’
- ‘Astragalus membranaceous ranks as one of the most potent health tonics in the world.’
- ‘Above the pectoral is a long membranaceous scale equalling, or very nearly, the fin itself.’
- ‘Evergreen leaves are usually coriaceous, while deciduous leaves are usually membranaceous or chartaceous.’
- ‘A closely related plant, S. jamaicensis, which has darker blue-mauve flowers and fleshy rather than membranaceous leaves, grows in the Northern Territory and probably also occurs in the Kimberley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.