One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Chef Combo is a perfect choice for the dualistic appetite: a charbroiled beef kabob and a meltingly tender chicken kabob.’
- ‘Oxtail and goat curries require you to navigate a number of bones, but slow cooking makes the meat meltingly tender and a knife superfluous.’
- ‘Described as fast, furious meltingly lyrical and full of physical poetry, it is one of the most completely brilliant theatrical experiences imaginable.’
- ‘Mine was the best of the lot - meltingly sweet slices of charcoal-grilled aubergine with a refreshingly cool spicy tomato sauce.’
- ‘Reduce the heat slightly and cook, still uncovered, for another ten minutes, or until the onions are meltingly soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.