One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectivePhilosophy
- ‘What Orwell offers by way of contrast to all this is a meliorist localism in politics and economics.’
- ‘Rejecting the quest for absolute certainty, it takes a meliorist attitude that human action sometimes can improve the world.’
- ‘However, there is another option, often adopted in the liberal mainstream, which is based on a meliorist view of progress, and in principle always leans in the pacific direction.’
- ‘One needn't be a global meliorist to contest her charge.’
- ‘Walter Lipmann, a columnist who wrote in the middle years of the last century, called himself a meliorist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.