One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Subsequently, one of the two mating-type alleles was lost during mitotic or meiotic divisions.’
- ‘Several models have been proposed to explain the mechanism responsible for meiotic recombination.’
- ‘Males can, therefore, arise spontaneously, as a result of the rare meiotic loss of an X chromosome.’
- ‘The absence of chiasmata can readily account for the observed defect in meiotic chromosome segregation.’
- ‘During the first meiotic division, homologous chromosomes pair and segregate into two cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.