One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Several models have been proposed to explain the mechanism responsible for meiotic recombination.’
- ‘During the first meiotic division, homologous chromosomes pair and segregate into two cells.’
- ‘Subsequently, one of the two mating-type alleles was lost during mitotic or meiotic divisions.’
- ‘Males can, therefore, arise spontaneously, as a result of the rare meiotic loss of an X chromosome.’
- ‘The absence of chiasmata can readily account for the observed defect in meiotic chromosome segregation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.