One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One million hertz, especially as a measure of the frequency of radio transmissions or the clock speed of a computer.
- ‘The tiny dimensions of the device allowed it to vibrate quickly, achieving a millions-of-cycles-per-second frequency of 23.57 megahertz.’
- ‘Processor speed, which is measured in megahertz is only one factor affecting the performance of a computer.’
- ‘The speed of processors, usually known as clock speed, is measured in megahertz or these days in gigahertz (GHz).’
- ‘The bandwidth of 100 megahertz was divided up into 256 closely adjacent carrier frequencies that do not interfere with one another.’
- ‘The switching frequency of 1 megahertz makes it possible to select a small external component.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.