One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One million hertz, especially as a measure of the frequency of radio transmissions or the clock speed of a computer.
- ‘The switching frequency of 1 megahertz makes it possible to select a small external component.’
- ‘Processor speed, which is measured in megahertz is only one factor affecting the performance of a computer.’
- ‘The speed of processors, usually known as clock speed, is measured in megahertz or these days in gigahertz (GHz).’
- ‘The tiny dimensions of the device allowed it to vibrate quickly, achieving a millions-of-cycles-per-second frequency of 23.57 megahertz.’
- ‘The bandwidth of 100 megahertz was divided up into 256 closely adjacent carrier frequencies that do not interfere with one another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.