One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘African and Asian elephants are the only members of the Order Proboscidea that were not lost in the megafaunal crisis of the late Pleistocene.’
- ‘After many decades of debate, the North American end-Pleistocene megafaunal mass extinction remains a lightning rod of controversy.’
- ‘The Bayesian skyline plot suggests that the bison species went through a severe bottleneck around 10,000 radiocarbon years ago, coincident with the time when many North American megafaunal species went extinct.’
- ‘In North America two major events occurred at about the same time as the megafaunal extinctions: the planet cooled, and early humans arrived from Asia to populate the continent.’
- ‘One of the classic scientific debates, on a par with ‘nature vs. nurture,’ albeit far more obscure, is the question of what caused the great megafaunal extinction at the end of the Pleistocene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.