One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounZoology
- ‘There is much debate over the evolution of bats, with some suggesting that megachiropterans are more closely related to primates (including humans) than to microchiropterans.’
- ‘Baby megachiropterans are born weighing 20-30 percent of their mother's weight, and unlike many other microchiropterans, they are born with their eyes open, and with lots of hair!’
- ‘All megachiropterans are nocturnal with the notable exception of Pteropus samoensis.’
- ‘A megachiropteran bat will use its sense of smell to find food.’
- ‘The physical appearance of this species is similar to that of megachiropterans in general, with large eyes, simple ears, and no facial ornamentation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.