One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized event during which a celebrity, politician, or other well-known figure meets and talks to the public.
- ‘My friends and I plan to go to a meet-and-greet before the show, but given that probably 20,000 screaming girls will be there, I doubt we'll meet them.’
- ‘The press junket and associated tasks - the interview, the photoshoot, the meet-and-greet, etc - are still massively important.’
- ‘Consider the sports agent who flew cross-country just for the chance to have a brief meet-and-greet with a potential client.’
- ‘The first lady was over at the Department of Education today for a meet-and-greet session with agency staffers.’
- ‘Teachers and administrators are usually at school a few days before classes start, so you may be able to plan a meet-and-greet.’
- ‘During the meet-and-greet, an elderly white woman bent over a walker slowly approached Bailey.’
- ‘The bad news is there won't be a performance but there will be an exclusive meet-and-greet that night at a secret location.’
- ‘Riders participated in a meet-and-greet with fans on the paddock level of the racetrack, signing autographs and posing for photos while accepting donations.’
- ‘The day was more like a family reunion than a meet-and-greet.’
- ‘The parade got off to its usual start with the candidates for the New York mayoral election doing the yearly meet-and-greet along the thoroughfare.’
- ‘I was one of the lucky few invited to a private meet-and-greet to meet him and reps from the company.’
- ‘And this is not necessarily something that is out of the ordinary for a president-elect to do a meet-and-greet with the justices.’
- ‘As for the dinner, you are entirely correct to skip the meet-and-greet.’
- ‘The bad news is there won't be a performance but there will be an exclusive meet-and-greet at a secret location.’
- ‘Seth said: "I did a meet-and-greet with kids after the premiere in Australia."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.