One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact or condition of being meek; submissiveness.‘all his best friends make fun of him for his meekness’
patience, long-suffering, forbearance, resignationView synonyms
- ‘But there was a lot of humility and meekness also.’
- ‘Patience can be meekness, patience can be too ready acceptance or passivity.’
- ‘She wore a humble white dress shirt and a white skirt, and carried herself with meekness and humility.’
- ‘But he attributes any meekness to feelings of inferiority rather than superiority.’
- ‘Never in history has human desire been so tamed into meekness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.