One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dominant class consisting of mediocre people, or a system in which mediocrity is rewarded.
- ‘Hence the relative attraction of a centrally-planned, lowest common denominator mediocracy with just enough capitalism to be plundered and wasted on their ever failing social engineering schemes and flawed political theories.’
- ‘In today's celeb-saturated mass mediocracy, image control is impossible, or nearly.’
- ‘No, it's because the power concentrated in this maze has, over time, replaced democracy with its own self-referencing mediocracy.’
- ‘Atrios asks: ‘Anyone else notice just how excited it seems to make certain members of our mediocracy?’’
- ‘If you're a big fan of mediocracy and tend to like bands with no particular message or direction, then this CD is for you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.