One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A federal system of health insurance for people over 65 years of age and for certain younger people with disabilities.
- ‘First, Medicare wants to keep health care costs for its beneficiaries under control.’
- ‘Experts say that an alternative to Medicare is a private health insurance plan.’
- ‘How did Medicare, the federal health insurance program for the elderly, respond?’
- ‘This regulation is considered the most staggering health care law since Medicare.’
- ‘Kogan observes that the fastest growing federal programs are Medicare and Medicaid.’
1960s: from medical + care.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.