One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See medical tourism
- ‘The State's health care industry is competitive in terms of cost and quality, and is rapidly emerging as a destination for foreign medical tourists.’
- ‘Joan is one of a growing number of "medical tourists" who, attracted by the country's world class surgeons, spectacular tourist destinations and the favourable exchange rate, are flocking here in growing numbers for affordable operations and luxurious, post-operative holidays.’
- ‘Then a chance conversation with a friend put him in touch with another "medical tourist" who had been to a hospital in Bangalore for minor surgery.’
- ‘Wealthier American 'medical tourists' travel to faraway places for medical attention.’
- ‘Despite these numbers, regional competition for medical tourists is fierce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.