A small cardlike information storage device that holds data in flash memory.
- ‘A variation of this idea is the use of one or more slots for digital media cards.’
- ‘As it turns out, a new firmware image can only be installed from a CompactFlash media card.’
- ‘You can do this by taking the media card to your local computer store and have a sales rep test it out for you.’
- ‘As for storage, you'll need to buy an additional media card.’
- ‘It's not the first media card to bring 1394 to the PC - Creative Labs' Audigy has that honour, we believe - but it is the first graphics card to do so.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.