Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small cardlike information storage device that holds data in flash memory.
- ‘A variation of this idea is the use of one or more slots for digital media cards.’
- ‘As it turns out, a new firmware image can only be installed from a CompactFlash media card.’
- ‘You can do this by taking the media card to your local computer store and have a sales rep test it out for you.’
- ‘As for storage, you'll need to buy an additional media card.’
- ‘It's not the first media card to bring 1394 to the PC - Creative Labs' Audigy has that honour, we believe - but it is the first graphics card to do so.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.