Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small cardlike information storage device that holds data in flash memory.
- ‘You can do this by taking the media card to your local computer store and have a sales rep test it out for you.’
- ‘It's not the first media card to bring 1394 to the PC - Creative Labs' Audigy has that honour, we believe - but it is the first graphics card to do so.’
- ‘As for storage, you'll need to buy an additional media card.’
- ‘As it turns out, a new firmware image can only be installed from a CompactFlash media card.’
- ‘A variation of this idea is the use of one or more slots for digital media cards.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.