One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The highest US military decoration, awarded by Congress to a member of the armed forces for gallantry and bravery in combat at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty.
- ‘He picks up a letter of citation about a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor.’
- ‘I think they had the highest proportion of Congressional Medals of Honor to their population, and they have been exceedingly quiet about their role in the war.’
- ‘Raymond is given a Congressional Medal of Honor for his heroics.’
- ‘His father was awarded the Medal of Honor in the first world war, in the marines.’
- ‘The President also nominated each of these brave women for the Congressional Medal of Honor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.