Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The highest US military decoration, awarded by Congress to a member of the armed forces for gallantry and bravery in combat at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty.
- ‘The President also nominated each of these brave women for the Congressional Medal of Honor.’
- ‘Raymond is given a Congressional Medal of Honor for his heroics.’
- ‘His father was awarded the Medal of Honor in the first world war, in the marines.’
- ‘He picks up a letter of citation about a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor.’
- ‘I think they had the highest proportion of Congressional Medals of Honor to their population, and they have been exceedingly quiet about their role in the war.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.