One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sense organ or cell that responds to mechanical stimuli such as touch or sound.
- ‘The filling of the stomach also activates the reflex, presumably through the action of gastric mechanoreceptors.’
- ‘Pacinian corpuscles, or pressure receptors, are the largest peripheral mechanoreceptors in mammals.’
- ‘This excites neurosensory mechanoreceptors in the wall of the esophagus.’
- ‘Prey appear to be detected primarily by mechanoreceptors.’
- ‘The threshold loading test stimulates mechanoreceptors in respiratory muscles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.