One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.
- ‘He half wishes he had studied psychology instead of mechanical engineering at LSU.’
- ‘With very few exceptions, most examples of bioadhesion have yet to be reduced to a simple set of principles in chemical and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘John Charnock is a professional engineer with a speciality in the field of mechanical engineering.’
- ‘The course has reassured me that mechanical engineering is definitely the right career for me.’
- ‘The standards of the eighteenth-century clockmaker were no longer an expensive skill, but part of the conventional wisdom of mechanical engineering.’
- ‘He's majoring in mechanical engineering, by the way.’
- ‘Most of the awards were for achievements in mechanical engineering, transport, information technology and telecommunications.’
- ‘The result is a serious and growing shortage of skilled workers in key careers such as electronic design and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Firstly, if you want to be involved in the design aspect of mechanical engineering then you should aim to study at a university for a degree.’
- ‘Complex connections between muscles, tendons, and bones can often be modeled using linkage theory from mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Daniel is a 22-year-old Australian Defence Force Academy graduate with a degree in mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Yash is due to study mechanical engineering in India.’
- ‘After a common first year there are three specialist routes: signal engineering, civil and track engineering and electrical and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘He then studied mechanical engineering and mathematical physics at Hannover, Zurich and Göttingen.’
- ‘At university, degrees in topics such as accountancy and architecture, or medicine and mechanical engineering are career orientated.’
- ‘Two of us are aviation students and one does mechanical engineering so there was a bit of science behind it.’
- ‘The scheme is run chiefly for boys interested in mechanics and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘He works as an engineering project manager and has a PhD in mechanical engineering.’
- ‘The college receives support in mechanical engineering, tools, and modern equipment and is considered a first class school.’
- ‘Again, with a far-sightedness way beyond his years, he chose mechanical engineering as his path after secondary school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.