One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.
- ‘John Charnock is a professional engineer with a speciality in the field of mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Most of the awards were for achievements in mechanical engineering, transport, information technology and telecommunications.’
- ‘The standards of the eighteenth-century clockmaker were no longer an expensive skill, but part of the conventional wisdom of mechanical engineering.’
- ‘The result is a serious and growing shortage of skilled workers in key careers such as electronic design and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘After a common first year there are three specialist routes: signal engineering, civil and track engineering and electrical and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Two of us are aviation students and one does mechanical engineering so there was a bit of science behind it.’
- ‘The scheme is run chiefly for boys interested in mechanics and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Daniel is a 22-year-old Australian Defence Force Academy graduate with a degree in mechanical engineering.’
- ‘The course has reassured me that mechanical engineering is definitely the right career for me.’
- ‘Firstly, if you want to be involved in the design aspect of mechanical engineering then you should aim to study at a university for a degree.’
- ‘He's majoring in mechanical engineering, by the way.’
- ‘He works as an engineering project manager and has a PhD in mechanical engineering.’
- ‘Complex connections between muscles, tendons, and bones can often be modeled using linkage theory from mechanical engineering.’
- ‘With very few exceptions, most examples of bioadhesion have yet to be reduced to a simple set of principles in chemical and mechanical engineering.’
- ‘He then studied mechanical engineering and mathematical physics at Hannover, Zurich and Göttingen.’
- ‘The college receives support in mechanical engineering, tools, and modern equipment and is considered a first class school.’
- ‘At university, degrees in topics such as accountancy and architecture, or medicine and mechanical engineering are career orientated.’
- ‘Yash is due to study mechanical engineering in India.’
- ‘Again, with a far-sightedness way beyond his years, he chose mechanical engineering as his path after secondary school.’
- ‘He half wishes he had studied psychology instead of mechanical engineering at LSU.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.