One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ground or chopped meat, usually beef, with added seasonings, molded into the shape of a loaf and baked.‘a slice of meat loaf’
- ‘He hesitates, probably at the disturbing mental image of me making meat loaf, and scratches the back of his neck.’
- ‘I grimaced involuntarily, thinking about the meat loaf they'd likely be serving.’
- ‘I didn't know whether to put any in the meat loaf I've been making.’
- ‘Even stale meat loaf is still good meat loaf, if you're really into meat loaf.’
- ‘You know, I remember when meat loaf came back as some comfort food and blackened everything was in vogue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.