One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no bounds or limits; unlimited.‘Otto had measureless charm’
boundless, limitless, without limit, unlimited, unbounded, untold, immense, vast, great, endless, unending, never-ending, without end, inexhaustible, infinite, cosmic, interminable, unceasing, everlasting, illimitable, immeasurable, incalculableView synonyms
- ‘One is left to wonder if reality is a measureless sarcophagus containing us all, the living, dead, and those not yet born?’
- ‘He zipped along streams and paths of data, revelling in the freedom, in the measureless immensity that was inside.’
- ‘The Evangelical calculus attempts to console and convert grieving relatives and witnesses by redefining such loss as a means to the measureless prize of eternal life.’
- ‘They live in the measureless depths of the ocean off the Australian coast.’
- ‘Hard times have come upon us, the loss of one leader is immeasurable but two is measureless.’
- ‘It relates to measureless expenditures of energy and is a violation of the integrity of the human being.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.