Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(especially in a political context) the facilities and resources for producing goods.‘in this society, the means of production are communally owned’
- ‘Under capitalism, the social relation between those who own the means of production and those who possess labor power has been exploited.’
- ‘Second, workers now own the means of production.’
- ‘It has agglomerated population, centralized means of production, and has concentrated property in a few hands.’
- ‘So, Marx argued that as long as one is not controlling the means of production, they are proletarian.’
- ‘After revolution working classes would own the means of production.’
- ‘Yet, whereas capitalists simply own the means of production, intellectuals are directly involved in the actual processes of production.’
- ‘Members of dominant classes, controlling large quantities of the means of production, will be able to enter markets from a position where they can seek to ‘regulate’ the market to their advantage.’
- ‘The tendency to overproduction and crisis is both the cause and the consequence of the capitalists' revolutionising of the means of production.’
- ‘To restore order, the Federal Reserve brought down interest rates in record-breaking fashion, but there was no response from corporations already overloaded with means of production.’
- ‘If private individuals are allowed to own any means of production, it can't be socialism, they will say.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.