One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in a political context) the facilities and resources for producing goods.‘in this society, the means of production are communally owned’
- ‘Under capitalism, the social relation between those who own the means of production and those who possess labor power has been exploited.’
- ‘Members of dominant classes, controlling large quantities of the means of production, will be able to enter markets from a position where they can seek to ‘regulate’ the market to their advantage.’
- ‘The tendency to overproduction and crisis is both the cause and the consequence of the capitalists' revolutionising of the means of production.’
- ‘Yet, whereas capitalists simply own the means of production, intellectuals are directly involved in the actual processes of production.’
- ‘Second, workers now own the means of production.’
- ‘To restore order, the Federal Reserve brought down interest rates in record-breaking fashion, but there was no response from corporations already overloaded with means of production.’
- ‘It has agglomerated population, centralized means of production, and has concentrated property in a few hands.’
- ‘So, Marx argued that as long as one is not controlling the means of production, they are proletarian.’
- ‘If private individuals are allowed to own any means of production, it can't be socialism, they will say.’
- ‘After revolution working classes would own the means of production.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.