One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘That's not too old for a,’ I coughed meaningly, ‘scandalous relationship.’’
- ‘‘As long as they don't get caught,’ Jason told her meaningly.’
- ‘They talked until long into the night, until she nodded meaningly toward Irena's sleeping form.’
- ‘And,’ she said meaningly, ‘if you haven't guessed as much already, Theo blamed himself.’’
- ‘As Arley came back inside, Mike said meaningly to Satu, who nodded in response, ‘I think there's just one distraction right now that needs dealing with.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.