One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, sap-sucking scale insect that is coated with a white, powdery wax that resembles meal. It forms large colonies and can be a serious pest, especially in greenhouses.
Family Pseudococcidae, suborder Homoptera: Pseudococcus and other genera
- ‘Other common pests include spider mites and mealy bugs.’
- ‘They dart among flowers and lay eggs among clusters of aphids, mealy bugs, mites, scale and other pests where their larvae can feed.’
- ‘The plant is vulnerable to mealy bugs and red spider mites.’
- ‘Aphids are coming out and if you notice white fluffy stuff on your citrus it is highly likely it's a mealy bug.’
- ‘Insects such as ants, mealy bugs and thrips have been found in 37 out of 43 shipments, which then needed fumigation.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.