One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, sap-sucking scale insect that is coated with a white, powdery wax that resembles meal. It forms large colonies and can be a serious pest, especially in greenhouses.
- ‘They dart among flowers and lay eggs among clusters of aphids, mealy bugs, mites, scale and other pests where their larvae can feed.’
- ‘Other common pests include spider mites and mealy bugs.’
- ‘Insects such as ants, mealy bugs and thrips have been found in 37 out of 43 shipments, which then needed fumigation.’
- ‘Aphids are coming out and if you notice white fluffy stuff on your citrus it is highly likely it's a mealy bug.’
- ‘The plant is vulnerable to mealy bugs and red spider mites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.