One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ground-dwelling songbird of the American blackbird family, with a brown streaky back and yellow and black underparts.
Genus Sturnella, family Icteridae: five species, in particular the yellow-breasted eastern meadowlark (S. magna) and western meadowlark (S. neglecta)
- ‘Here is a meadowlark atop a regal walnut, next to it a young nectarine tree girdled with compost.’
- ‘The meadowlarks and magpies would gather right outside.’
- ‘Western meadowlark and mink prefer narrow grass buffers.’
- ‘I did see other signs of spring including listening to eastern meadowlarks and eastern bluebirds.’
- ‘Based on the song of a meadowlark he had heard in the Dakotas, McKay wrote Song Over the Great Plains to be another nature piece.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.