One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, a synthetic mood-altering drug with stimulant properties.
Chemical formula: C₁₆H₂₁NO₃
- ‘Together, these findings indicate that MDPV has reinforcing properties and activates brain reward circuitry, suggesting a potential for abuse and addiction in humans.’
- ‘Making MDPV illegal will give police the tools they need to get the products off the streets, Aglukkaq said.’
- ‘For instance, West Virginia legislators banned the bath salt drug MDPV last year, making it a misdemeanor to sell, buy or possess the synthetic drug.’
- ‘They contain man-made chemicals such as mephedrone and methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), related to khat, an organic stimulant found in Arab and East African countries.’
- ‘An entire new generation of chemical highs including substances such as methylone, butylone and MDPV has been discovered by the investigation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.