One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, a synthetic mood-altering drug with stimulant properties.
Chemical formula: C₁₆H₂₁NO₃
- ‘Together, these findings indicate that MDPV has reinforcing properties and activates brain reward circuitry, suggesting a potential for abuse and addiction in humans.’
- ‘Making MDPV illegal will give police the tools they need to get the products off the streets, Aglukkaq said.’
- ‘They contain man-made chemicals such as mephedrone and methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV), related to khat, an organic stimulant found in Arab and East African countries.’
- ‘An entire new generation of chemical highs including substances such as methylone, butylone and MDPV has been discovered by the investigation.’
- ‘For instance, West Virginia legislators banned the bath salt drug MDPV last year, making it a misdemeanor to sell, buy or possess the synthetic drug.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.