One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a mayor.‘mayoral candidates’‘the mayoral election’
- ‘Mayoral promotion was the only fast route through the ranks of the jurats, which was basically a society of equals of varying degrees of experience.’
- ‘He showed me around his neighborhood with a sort of informal mayoral pride.’
- ‘Last week, the wheels threatened to come off his mayoral carriage.’
- ‘He eschewed his $195,000 annual mayoral salary, in favor of $1 a year.’
- ‘The group recently spent significant resources opposing a mayoral proposal to inspect apartments upon turnover.’
- ‘A mayoral report published just prior to his arrival took the police department to task over its information infrastructure.’
- ‘You never hear anything interesting about that mayoral campaign.’
- ‘Questions were asked about the use of the mayoral carriage for his wedding.’
- ‘A mayoral spokesman said the ban sends a defeatist message to the rest of the world.’
- ‘Political attacks on the incumbent at this time of crisis could have severe political repercussions on the mayoral hopefuls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.