perhaps, maybe, it could be, it may be, it is possible, it is conceivable, for all one knows, feasibly, very likelyView synonyms
- ‘I hope sincerely that you will come, and mayhap if possible bring the boy too.’
- ‘They sensed something she could not, saw something in the air mayhap, or some event fast approaching, and they screamed and hollered and shouted their base insults in an attempt to crack her mental walls like so many fragile eggshells.’
- ‘Bookshelves filled the place; a round table carved from mahogany was at the center and the desk stood near the window, mayhap to give the Prince a better view.’
- ‘Perhaps I have, or mayhap I have just become used to my surroundings and not so much changed as adapted.’
- ‘It could have been a streak of luck, or, mayhap, something more that caused such a strange happening, but everyone will be glad that everything will be set in the right way.’
Mid 16th century: from it may hap.