One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's maximalism in the extreme - and with barely time to breathe between brass charts, peals of synthesizer, elaborate string parts, and big three-part harmonies, it's easy to get lost in the labyrinthine arrangements.’
- ‘Remember to keep the frame, though, as a spot of maximalism can work marvellously in a spare, white environment.’
- ‘So for a few months over summer, both minimalism and maximalism will fight it out, while the three museums contemplate their next architectural project and its cultural implications.’
- ‘Nationalist maximalism, remember, is a rhetorical mode of politics that precludes real political progress by narrowing the range possibilities to the most fervently wished for, if unattainable, national goals.’
- ‘The project is based primarily on improvisation and utilising ‘found sounds' and explores aspects of both minimalism and maximalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.