One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the current younger generation, at least as it is on view here, doesn't have any of the patricidal or matricidal tendencies that young artists used to have.’
- ‘They have cataclysmic visions of what will happen to the world if Orestes escapes punishment, since there will be no justice to this matricidal murderer.’
- ‘Plus, his matricidal ramblings are beyond the pale even for hip hop; gangsta rappers, like their celluloid counterparts, will consistently take hiatus from issuing colorful death threats to pay homage to dear old mom.’
- ‘Nero could not have imagined that Seneca might show up on the outskirts of town arguing that his matricidal past would come back to haunt his new post-fire reconstruction agenda.’
- ‘They aren't, however, in a military vein and range in diversity from the carnage caused by a marauding horde of escaped circus animals to a matricidal five-year-old.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.