One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of mathematics concerned with the study of formal languages, formal reasoning, the nature of mathematical proof, provability of mathematical statements, computability, and other aspects of the foundations of mathematics.
- ‘Mathematics and mathematical logic provide at least one important and, possibly simple, case.’
- ‘He began to study mathematical logic and the theory of algorithms just before 1940.’
- ‘Not only does this paper provide a mathematically rigorous articulation of several ideas that had been developing in earlier mathematical logic, it also presents foundations on which later logic could be built.’
- ‘He continued studying mathematical logic and made important contributions to it.’
- ‘They are the basis of mathematical logic, which in turn gives rise to Boolean algebra.’
- ‘His revolutionary new logic was the origin of modern mathematical logic - a field of import not only to abstract mathematics, but also to computer science and philosophy.’
- ‘Inexorable mathematical logic forces the next step.’
- ‘During this period at Cambridge, Wittgenstein continued to work on the foundations of mathematics and also on mathematical logic.’
- ‘She published papers on mathematical logic, recursive function theory, and theoretical computer science.’
- ‘The actual implementation and mathematical logic behind backing up predicates is beyond the scope of this paper.’
- ‘He then extended his father's work on associative algebras and worked on mathematical logic and set theory.’
- ‘In formal mathematical logic, one makes frequent use of the existential and universal quantifiers.’
- ‘He worked on mathematical logic, in particular ordinal numbers, recursive arithmetic, analysis, and the philosophy of mathematics.’
- ‘Modern arguments are extremely technical, involving microbiology and mathematical logic.’
- ‘Her doctoral thesis was on mathematical logic.’
- ‘His work is of major importance in mathematical logic, recursion theory and in theoretical computer science.’
- ‘There he began to get more involved in the study of mathematical logic.’
- ‘At this stage he was working on mathematical logic but things were not going well.’
- ‘He wanted to learn about groups, rings and fields, the foundations of mathematics and mathematical logic.’
- ‘Her work in mathematical logic was important in the development of the subject in Soviet Union.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.