One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessively concerned with material possessions; money-oriented.‘we're living in a highly materialistic society’
worldly, consumerist, money-oriented, money-grubbingView synonyms
- ‘Sensual and materialistic, they want all the power, comfort and control they can get out of life.’
- ‘I am not going to paint a broad stroke and say our society is materialistic, is driven by consumer needs or is a slave to marketing.’
- ‘In this materialistic era, even teachers have changed their lifestyle.’
- ‘These seem like odd responses since she doesn't come across as materialistic, but perhaps that's why.’
- ‘I've never been that materialistic, but I need something, some kind of tool to improve my self-esteem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.