One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessively concerned with material possessions; money-oriented.‘we're living in a highly materialistic society’
worldly, consumerist, money-oriented, money-grubbingView synonyms
- ‘I am not going to paint a broad stroke and say our society is materialistic, is driven by consumer needs or is a slave to marketing.’
- ‘I've never been that materialistic, but I need something, some kind of tool to improve my self-esteem.’
- ‘Sensual and materialistic, they want all the power, comfort and control they can get out of life.’
- ‘In this materialistic era, even teachers have changed their lifestyle.’
- ‘These seem like odd responses since she doesn't come across as materialistic, but perhaps that's why.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.