One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The arranging of marriages or initiation of romantic relationships between others.‘opportunities for matchmaking between her daughter and some suitable partners’as modifier ‘an online matchmaking service’
- ‘The narrative deals with events of boyhood, then courting, matchmaking, and marriage, and afterwards the unremitting harshness of life.’
- ‘Despite her claims to matchmaking, it seems like Mr. Knightley is a much better judge of the human heart.’
- ‘They claim not to have the man shortage seen at high-end matchmaking services and other more serious dating outlets.’
- ‘She toys with the dangerous idea of matchmaking her spirited and charming sister-in-law with Zhang.’
- ‘She learns of his broken heart and sets about doing some matchmaking with a local nurse.’
- ‘Perhaps that is why this holier-than-thou hoochie seeks the psychic matchmaking advice of a monstrous drag queen.’
- ‘A matchmaking service has been ordered to pay financial damages for introducing a woman to a future husband whom she says beat her.’
- ‘Naturally, this has his mother's matchmaking radar going like gangbusters.’
- ‘Their old family friend dislikes her matchmaking and worries she will harm Harriet.’
- ‘Can the elusive art of matchmaking be reduced to equations and databases?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.