One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A conical prominence of the temporal bone behind the ear, to which neck muscles are attached, and which has air spaces linked to the middle ear.
- ‘The tuning fork is placed against the mastoid process to measure the conduction of sound by bone.’
- ‘Gentle vertical traction was applied to the mastoid processes as a deep inspiration was taken to obtain the measurement.’
- ‘The mastoid process is slightly damaged at its tip, but is still longer than is usual among macropodoids.’
- ‘The fetal suture between the squama and the mastoid process sometimes persists in the adult.’
- ‘The first option is a vertical incision along a line connecting the sternal-clavicular junction with the mastoid process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.