One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Every exposed power cord in our apartment bears telltale toothmarks from her enthusiastic fits of mastication.’
- ‘Whilst waiting for my teeth to be fixed and the resumption of normal mastication, I've been eating a lot of soft instant meals.’
- ‘It should be noted that they have argued that the development of a bony secondary palate might have originally served as an aid to mastication, although this proposal has not gained currency.’
- ‘He gave a few speculative mastications, possibly thinking the ball was a bird's egg or a milk chocolate.’
- ‘But amidst the mastication of his third or fourth mouthful, Paul felt his unhappy stomach take a still unhappier turn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.