One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Growing concern at the number of masterless men, increasing vagabondage, and escalating crime underlay the outline of terms and conditions of service between masters and servants, in an effort to reduce notorious discord.’
- ‘His peers sat bruised and beaten by this masterless samurai.’
- ‘We are both freelance mercenaries, masterless in all sense of the word, and we will loan our skills to anybody and anything with enough money to throw around.’
- ‘In addition, there are photographs of the relics of the masterless samurai and the ruins of their castle in Akô.’
- ‘The loose garments (especially the mantle) and the long hair (called ‘glibbes’) were traditional aids to thieves and masterless men.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.