One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A class, especially in music, given by an expert to highly talented students.
- ‘I saw him again at the masterclasses in Lübeck, where I accompanied the cellist from my piano trio.’
- ‘The site provides downloads, its own streaming RealAudio radio station, information about featured composers and artists, and virtual masterclasses.’
- ‘In addition, throughout his life, he travelled the world, giving performances, lectures and masterclasses.’
- ‘A wealth of concerts, lectures and masterclasses can be found here.’
- ‘The young cellist impressed enough during her masterclass to become the second award recipient that week.’
- ‘Held over five weeks, the school features concerts, courses, masterclasses, workshops, exhibitions and lectures open to people of all ages and abilities.’
- ‘The February event includes masterclasses in traditional music, singing and set dancing along with a celebrity concert.’
- ‘Throughout the series, there will be masterclasses given by leading musicians who will share their experiences and tips with the students.’
- ‘It plays host to numerous courses and masterclasses for musicians at every level, from the great to the good to the bumbling amateur.’
- ‘The concert series will be accompanied by associated masterclasses, lectures and concerts involving staff from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music and student ensembles.’
- ‘The funds can be used for travel, masterclasses or whatever else the young cellist sees fit.’
- ‘The programme itself is very varied with theatrical performances, classical concerts, lectures, workshops, masterclasses and opera.’
- ‘Afternoon masterclasses and lectures gave way to evening recitals in an astonishing variety of programs.’
- ‘She has made three solo CDs, and gives masterclasses, workshops and lecture recitals as well as solo concerts.’
- ‘He has taught many students at all levels, giving countless masterclasses and lectures, and performing at many festivals.’
- ‘Young musicians can take part in masterclasses.’
- ‘For many years he held masterclasses at the Conservatoire de Paris and Helskinki's Sibelius Academy.’
- ‘He will give a masterclass on how to write music for this type of film.’
- ‘We met in Caracas and I studied some Chopin at her masterclasses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.