One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a computer) consisting of many individual processing units, and thus able to execute many different parts of a program at the same time.
- ‘The challenge of developing codes for very complex, massively parallel computers has increased the emphasis on programming skills.’
- ‘In practice, most processors in a massively parallel computer end up sitting idle waiting for others to finish their task.’
- ‘These are also euphemistically called scalable parallel, massively parallel, or cluster computers.’
- ‘Fifteen or twenty years from now computers will be massively parallel and will be based on biologically inspired models, which we will devise largely by understanding how the brain works.’
- ‘Hundreds of millions of cheap computers working together as massively parallel computers lead to scientific advances we can't even imagine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.