One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Public transportation, especially in an urban area.
- ‘Cabs are plentiful as is public mass transit that is easy to use.’
- ‘Other cities only allow new development in areas already serviced by mass transit.’
- ‘The neighborhood also desperately needs access to mass transit.’
- ‘The private sector can even run mass transit systems as they have in the past.’
- ‘And in many of those boroughs, people depend on mass transit to get around, buses and subways.’
- ‘We'll tell you how law enforcement agencies will protect our mass transit systems.’
- ‘In many cities smart cards are used to access public telephones, mass transit and parking systems.’
- ‘And in the last decade, Americans have increasingly been using mass transit.’
- ‘Its closing would mean thousands of veterans would no longer have access by mass transit to a hospital or any access at all.’
- ‘Public mass transit systems may be able to offer special state-funded services.’
- ‘How much of your time gets squandered in traffic for lack of adequate mass transit?’
- ‘In a test program, law enforcement officers will be at mass transit facilities all across the country.’
- ‘We have great mass transit, but who can say what the nature of the attack or the catastrophe might be that could knock out that system?’
- ‘In the past five years, mass transit ridership has risen 24 percent, faster than air travel or highway usage.’
- ‘It was crowded, like any urban mass transit would be at rush hour, so we had to stand for this short trip.’
- ‘The main point of contention was over funding for mass transit.’
- ‘Do we have to do more, particularly in terms of mass transit and in terms of worker protections?’
- ‘The lack of increased demand for mass transit hasn't stopped advocates from advancing a surge in ballot initiatives.’
- ‘Yet, mass transit carries 16 times more passengers than airlines each day.’
- ‘Two people are under arrest in London, possibly in connection to today's attempted mass transit bombings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.