One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A distribution of ions shown by the use of a mass spectrograph or mass spectrometer.
- ‘The structures of these derivatives were characterized with proton nuclear magnetic resonance, infrared and mass spectra.’
- ‘Their authenticity was confirmed by UV, electrospray mass spectra and high-field proton NMR spectroscopy.’
- ‘A mass spectrum of gramicidin in methanol shows three sets of peaks, corresponding to the different gramicidin species that are present in the sample.’
- ‘The resulting fragment ions were subjected to mass analysis to produce a tandem mass spectrum.’
- ‘This analysis method helps find the composition of a physical sample by generating a mass spectrum that represents the masses of the sample's components.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.