One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A distribution of ions shown by the use of a mass spectrograph or mass spectrometer.
- ‘Their authenticity was confirmed by UV, electrospray mass spectra and high-field proton NMR spectroscopy.’
- ‘A mass spectrum of gramicidin in methanol shows three sets of peaks, corresponding to the different gramicidin species that are present in the sample.’
- ‘This analysis method helps find the composition of a physical sample by generating a mass spectrum that represents the masses of the sample's components.’
- ‘The resulting fragment ions were subjected to mass analysis to produce a tandem mass spectrum.’
- ‘The structures of these derivatives were characterized with proton nuclear magnetic resonance, infrared and mass spectra.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.