One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The murder of a large number of people.‘the mass murder of approximately six million European Jews during World War Two’‘one of the worst mass murders of the 20th century’
- ‘Guilty of numerous crimes, including mass murder, he often tops the most wanted lists.’
- ‘According to Jones, since 1982 61 mass murders involving firearms have occurred throughout the country.’
- ‘Tom isn't who he claims to be - he's actually an ex-special ops officer wanted for mass murder.’
- ‘His film is an examination of the mass murder committed by Khmer Rouge revolutionaries between 1975 and 1979.’
- ‘This was the biggest mass murder in the history of the state.’
- ‘He holds the unsavory record for mass murder in America, based on the 48 killings he ultimately would confess to committing.’
- ‘There is no virtue in refusing to intervene while a dictator attempts mass murder.’
- ‘Since the shooting, police, FBI and ATF agents have been retracing his steps as they assemble evidence in one of the worst mass murders in U.S. history.’
- ‘Meanwhile, one-party states achieved a monopoly on force, almost inevitably secured with mass murder.’
- ‘Her father - an engineer, solid citizen, and responsible parent - was party to mass murder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.