One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The imparting or exchanging of information on a large scale to a wide range of people.‘that modern miracle of mass communication—the telephone’‘the development of electronic mass communication extended the scope of propaganda’
- ‘This is the politics of emotion which is fed, inspired and manipulated by mass communications.’
- ‘Totalitarian regimes - thanks to technology and mass communications - take over control of every facet of the individual's life.’
- ‘The technology of mass communication has made the delegates into props rather than political protagonists.’
- ‘Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language’
- ‘With improvements in mass communication prior to World War One, the British Government had a ready-made propaganda machine to hand.’
- ‘Thai is the national language and the medium for education and mass communication.’
- ‘I've heard several people discuss whether posters are necessary in this age of mass communication.’
- ‘Developments in technology may signal the end of mass communication and the rise of more personalised media.’
- ‘Mass communication provides a level of access that's unparalleled at any point in our history.’
- ‘Radio, if one had the fortune to own one, was the only means of mass communications then.’
- ‘There will always be confusions and conflicts introduced not only by commercialism but also by mass communication and the electronic media.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.