One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The imparting or exchanging of information on a large scale to a wide range of people.‘that modern miracle of mass communication—the telephone’‘the development of electronic mass communication extended the scope of propaganda’
- ‘Developments in technology may signal the end of mass communication and the rise of more personalised media.’
- ‘Mass communication provides a level of access that's unparalleled at any point in our history.’
- ‘Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language’
- ‘Totalitarian regimes - thanks to technology and mass communications - take over control of every facet of the individual's life.’
- ‘Radio, if one had the fortune to own one, was the only means of mass communications then.’
- ‘Thai is the national language and the medium for education and mass communication.’
- ‘The technology of mass communication has made the delegates into props rather than political protagonists.’
- ‘This is the politics of emotion which is fed, inspired and manipulated by mass communications.’
- ‘With improvements in mass communication prior to World War One, the British Government had a ready-made propaganda machine to hand.’
- ‘There will always be confusions and conflicts introduced not only by commercialism but also by mass communication and the electronic media.’
- ‘I've heard several people discuss whether posters are necessary in this age of mass communication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.