One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The imparting or exchanging of information on a large scale to a wide range of people.‘that modern miracle of mass communication—the telephone’‘the development of electronic mass communication extended the scope of propaganda’
- ‘This is the politics of emotion which is fed, inspired and manipulated by mass communications.’
- ‘Totalitarian regimes - thanks to technology and mass communications - take over control of every facet of the individual's life.’
- ‘I've heard several people discuss whether posters are necessary in this age of mass communication.’
- ‘With improvements in mass communication prior to World War One, the British Government had a ready-made propaganda machine to hand.’
- ‘Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language’
- ‘The technology of mass communication has made the delegates into props rather than political protagonists.’
- ‘Thai is the national language and the medium for education and mass communication.’
- ‘Mass communication provides a level of access that's unparalleled at any point in our history.’
- ‘There will always be confusions and conflicts introduced not only by commercialism but also by mass communication and the electronic media.’
- ‘Radio, if one had the fortune to own one, was the only means of mass communications then.’
- ‘Developments in technology may signal the end of mass communication and the rise of more personalised media.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.