A type of hardboard.
- ‘Find a board onto which to glue the puzzle, such as Masonite or hardboard.’
- ‘The size should not be larger than 6 inches in height or it will be too large when projected onto the Masonite panel.’
- ‘In fact, the paint will flow on them better than on the Masonite itself.’
- ‘We are looking at buying a house that has Masonite on the exterior.’
- ‘The fresco is mounted onto a customized Masonite backing for reinforcement.’
1920s: from the name of the Mason Fibre Co., Laurel, Mississippi, + -ite.