One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In utero, female fetuses exposed to excess androgens show masculinization and ambiguous genitalia at birth while male fetuses appear normal.’
- ‘Demographers, doctors, and politicians alike blamed moral decay and declining birthrates on the masculinization of women, women working outside the home, and women's economic independence.’
- ‘This androgen exposure causes partial to complete masculinization of the external genitalia in utero, and the masculinized genitalia in the newborn female typically lead to diagnosis within days of birth.’
- ‘If you see this, you are very likely to see change in every other aspect of masculinisation as well.’
- ‘Patients usually retain normal secondary sexual characteristics and rarely exhibit virilizing signs such as deepening of the voice, temporal balding or masculinization of body habitus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.